Oil Change near Me
An oil change is one of the most basic, but most important, maintenance tasks that can be done for your vehicle. Oil is the lifeblood of your engine, so it needs to be clean to keep the engine healthy and your car running well around Slidell, Picayune, and St. Tammany Parish.
Keep reading to see how often you should get the motor oil replaced and signs that indicate one is warranted. Then, contact the Honda of Slidell Service Center to schedule an oil change near you as soon as possible.
- How Often Should I Get an Oil Change?
- Signs You Need an Oil Change
- What is Synthetic Oil?
- What Kind of Oil Does My Car Take?
- Synthetic Oil vs Conventional Oil
- What is a Full-Service Oil Change?
Oil Change Frequency
The recommended oil change interval is every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. However, some vehicles don’t need an oil change until the 10,000-mile mark, especially if synthetic oil is used.
It used to be the norm to get an oil change every 3,000 miles. However, that’s mainly reserved for automobiles that endure severe driving conditions.
What constitutes a severe driving condition? It can include any of the following situations:
- Stop-and-go driving in heavy traffic
- Short trips of less than five miles in normal temperatures or 10 miles in freezing temperatures
- Long-distance trips traveling at speeds of no more than 50 MPH
- Regularly driving on dusty, muddy, salty, or sandy roads
Signs You Need to Replace Oil Fluid
If you’re not sure when to replace engine oil, there are some signs that’ll indicate one is needed. These include:
- Dark or dirty oil
- Burnt oil smell in the cabin
- Loud noises from the engine
- Sluggish acceleration
- Oil light or check engine light appearing on the dash
Once you spot any of these warning signs, you’ll want to schedule to get an oil change right away.
Schedule an Oil Change near You Today
At the Honda of Slidell Service Center, you’ll find knowledgeable technicians who are experts on oil changes. As a result, they can perform an oil change on your vehicle quickly and efficiently. Plus, they’ll use high-quality oil to keep your automobile running well for many years and miles.