Oxlot 9: A Historic Yet Modern Restaurant
In the historic district of Covington, LA, lies Oxlot 9, an upscale bistro with delicious Southern fare. Due to its charm and menu, you may want to add this establishment to your must-dine-at list.
We’ll tell you all about the place in this community spotlight. Then, stop by or make a reservation for brunch or dinner today!
About This Upscale Southern Bistro
Oxlot 9 was named after the Louisiana Ox-lots found in Historic Covington. The bistro itself is on the ground floor of the Southern Hotel, a popular spot among Covington residents and visitors.
The setting is comfortable and lively, but it also reflects the character of a 200-year-old city. This is done from the beginning to end of your visit, from the hostess’ greeting to the last drink brought to your table by your server.
Overall, this restaurant is “inspired by the beauty of the people, the gulf coast, and the heritage of the South.”
What’s Good for Brunch?
If you’re coming here for brunch, there are tons of sweet and savory options to choose from. Here are just a few of our favorites…
- Blueberry Flap Jacks: house-smoked bacon, maple, Cajun Hills Farms blueberries, Brandy Milk Punch whipped cream
- Breakfast Papusa: breakfast sausage, Brabant potato and corn hash masa, fried egg, burrata, hollandaise
- “Knife & Fork” Chicken Biscuit: chipotle cane syrup, toasted pecan butter
Ideas for Dinner
Of course, you could always stop by for dinner. In that case, we suggest trying one of these dishes…
- Hudson Valley Fois Gras Two Ways: smoked foie gras, pecan butter, orange oregano jam, citrus thyme biscuit, foie gras terrine, apple jam
- BBQ Royal Red Shrimp: citrus polenta, Abita Amber, lemon, garlic, rosemary, buratta
- Pork Belly Yaka Mein: udon noodles, local mushrooms, kimchi, rainbow chard, bacon consommé, poached egg, sweet chili
Enjoy Some Gulf-Inspired Fare
Even if you’re not staying at the Southern Hotel, we recommend stopping by Oxlot 9. Gather friends, family, or loved ones, and visit this restaurant today!